Most people are confused when buying either software or hardware and it states OEM. I'll try to explain the facts below and also what you may want to think about before buying OEM.
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) is the name of the software already installed on your PC when it is supplied by the dealer. It is usually Windows, but may also be other products. Common to these software products is that they do not require any license agreement with Microsoft. The software "lives and dies" with the PC and may not be copied to other PCs.
A new mass mail is being sent requesting your Yahoo account information, claiming that if you do not provide this information your account will be permanently deleted. This is a scam and an attempt to hijack your account for spamming. Please see the wording below and warn your friends.
Best Buy is selling warranty upgrades in the shops here in Shanghai and they make a pretty nice profit from this kind of sales!
The catch is that the warranty is local and very limited, which means no repair if you travel overseas with your Apple System. Apple already offers this service and it's cheaper than the one at Best Buy. Simply go into Apple's homepage and search for Apple Care and purchase the warranty upgrade you need. The advatage; you get 3 year world wide warranty and for the iMac's you get InHouse repair, which means they will come to you.
In short, why shouldn't you purchase the Best Buy warranty upgrade?
1. You still have to bring the system to Best Buy for Repairs.
2. Best Buy will sent the product to Apple if they can't fix it themselves.
3. Repairs take longer than average Apple Care.
4. It's more expensive than AppleCare.
5. No coverage while you travel with your Apple product overseas or outside of China.
Why you should buy AppleCare.
1. 3 Year full warranty.
2. World wide repairs just using the serial number of the Apple product.
3. Shorter repair times.
4. For iMac's -> InHouse repair!