Here are the very general results of the survey from a small sampling. Please don't make this a viral argument. This was/is intended as a guide for we ignorant, wide-eyed, new to Shanghai, folk. Best intentions.
I hope this helps those that need it.
1. The vast majority paid their Ayi's monthly
2. Most of the respondents had full time Ayis and the standard work week was 9-5
3. The average Ayi hourly rate is 21 RMB (if I removed the high and low rate this number remains the same)
4. The average increase in AYI pay this year will be 11%
5. The standard Hongbao is one month pay
6. Drivers - As I suspected, there wasn't wasn't enough info to go into the same detail. All respondents did however, pay Hongbao to their driver. The amount ranged from a flat arbitrary amount to two month's pay. The majority paid one month.
Please rememeber to think about full insurance of the Ayi, because you're an employer, you will be fully financially responsible for all accidents while she is working for you. Check out the guytai article here.
Another article about what you should think about before hiring an Ayi can be found here.